Minnesota State Campus Grassroots Network
As a part of the Minnesota State system, Minnesota State College Southeast receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 37 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
Support the Minnesota State budget request! Learn more about how you can become involved.
FY2018-FY2019 MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST
- $178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like MSC Southeast
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting our college
- $10 million for student incentive grants
View the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request (Download PDF)
View the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book (Download PDF, 8 MB)
IMPACT OF THE MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE REQUEST TO MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGE SOUTHEAST
- Minnesota State College Southeast will receive $2 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 228 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
- A fully funded request will allow us to
- Maintain academic quality, including the technology necessary to ensure students learn relevant skills.
- Allow for more dedicated student services staff to support retention and student outcomes.
- Expand recruitment opportunities in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Provide direct financial support to students in immediate, serious need through incentive grants.
- Not fully funded request will cause us to
- Delay or reduce maintenance and facility upgrades needed to ensure a safe, effective learning environment.
- Divert critical funding from instruction and student support services to basic college operations.
- Result in further staff reductions to an already stressed employee pool.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request, download the MSC Southeast Campus Impact Statement (PDF).
2017 MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGE SOUTHEAST CAPITAL REQUEST
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, Minnesota State College Southeast is included for:
- $2.8 million in asset preservation (HEAPR - Higher Education Asset Preservation and Replacement)
EXTRAORDINARY REASONS TO #FUNDMINNESOTASTATE AND MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGE SOUTHEAST
- Minnesota State College Southeast is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, 2 of which make up MSC Southeast (Red Wing and Winona)
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and MSC Southeast serves 4,600 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves more students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 14% of MSC Southeast students who are students of color and the 35% who are Pell eligible.
- Minnesota State College Southeast partners with organizations like the Southeast Perkins IV Regional Consortium, Every Hand Joined, Project Fine and the 7Rivers Alliance in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
- We award more than 500 degrees, diplomas, and certificates annually.
- According to a 2013 Wilder Research study, our annual economic impact to the region is $69 million.
Download the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet (PDF)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION AND ITS IMPACT ONE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGE SOUTHEAST