Associate of Science Degree General Requirements for Exercise Science Transfer Pathway
Download Exercise Science Transfer Pathway Planning Worksheet (PDF)
- A minimum of 60 semester credits.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- A minimum cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken at Minnesota State College Southeast.
- Completion of the specific degree requirements below:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) Requirements
A minimum of 40 credits to complete all 10 goal areas. A MnTC course may satisfy more than one goal area; however, the credits only count once.
CORE GOAL AREAS:
Goal 1 Communication (Three courses) - 9 credits
- ENGL1215 - College Writing 1 (3 credits)
- ENGL2525 - College Writing 2 (3 credits)
- COMM1218 College Speech OR COMM1228 Interpersonal Communications (3 credits)
Goal 2 Critical Thinking (met when 40 MnTC credits satisfying all 10 goal areas have been completed)
Goal 3 Natural Science - 7 credits
- BIOL1226 Nutrition (3 credits)
- CHEM1122 Environmental Chemistry (3 credits)
Goal 4 Mathematical/Logical Reasoning - 3 credits
- MATH1230 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
Goal 5 History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences - 9 credits
- PSYC1110 Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- *Fulfilled by PSYC2522 Positive Psychology (See Goal 9)
- SOCS1110 Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
Goal 6 The Humanities and Fine Arts - 9 credits
- HUMA1125 Moral Problems (3 credits)
- *Fulfilled by HUMA1445 Women's Studies (See Goal 8)
- SPAN1230 Introduction to Hispanic Cultures (3 credits)
THEME GOAL AREAS:
Goal 7 Human Diversity (One course) - 3 credits
- *Fulfilled by SOCS1110 Introduction to Sociology (See Goal 5)
Goal 8 Global Perspective - 3 credits
- HUMA1445 Women's Studies (3 credits)
Goal 9 Ethical and Civic Responsibility - 3 credits
- PSYC2522 Positive Psych (3 credits)
Goal 10 People and the Environment - 3 credits
- BIOL1201 Introduction to Biology (4 credits)
Total minimum credits to complete the MnTC ten goal areas: 40 credits
In addition to completing the MnTC, the remaining 20 credits will include:
- INSP1525 Career and Education Planning (1 credit)
- EXSC1204 Personal & Community Health (3 credits)
- EXSC1280 Introduction to Exercise Science (3 credits)
- BIOL2515 Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIOL2516 Anatomy & Physiology II (4 credits)
- MEDS1610 Pharmacology (2 credits)
- THPY1410 Kinesiology (3 credits)
*While a course may meet more than one goal, credit hours may only be counted once.