Associate of Science Degree General Requirements for Business Transfer Pathway
- A minimum of 60 semester credits.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- A minimum cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken at
Minnesota State College Southeast.
- Completion of the specific degree requirements below:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) Requirements - A minimum of 30 credits to complete the MnTC required 6 goal areas for the AS degree. A MnTC course may satisfy more than one goal area; however, the credits only count once.
MnTC Goal Areas (30 credits):
Goal 1 Communication (Three courses) - 9 credits
- ENGL1215 - College Writing I (3 credits)
- COMM1218 - College Speech (3 credits)
- ENGL2525 - College Writing II (3 credits)
Goal 2 Critical Thinking
- (Fulfilled by ENGL2525 College Writing II)
Goal 3 Natural Science - 3 credits
- BIOL 1120 Environmental Science (3 credits)
Goal 4 Mathematical/Logical Reasoning - 6 credits
- MATH1230 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
- MATH 1220 College Algebra (3 credits)
Goal 5 History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences - 6 credits
Goal 6 The Humanities and Fine Arts - 3 credits
- ECON2530 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON2520 Microeconomics (3 credits)
MnTC Theme Goal Areas:
Goal 8 Global Perspective
- (Fulfilled by ECON2530 Macroeconomics)
Goal 10 People and the Environment
- (Fulfilled by BIOL 1120 Environmental Science)
MnTC Elective Goal 7 or 9 - 3 credits
Business Credits (30 cr):
- ACCT2201 Financial Accounting (4 Credits)
- ACCT2202 Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- BUSN2220 Principles of Management (3 credits)
- BUSN2225 Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BUSN2215 Business Ethics (3 credits)
- BUSN2210 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BUSN2000 Small Business Development (3 credits)
- BUSN1245 Business Computers (3 credits)
- BUSN or ACCT Elective (4 credits)