Sociology: the scientific study of human social relationships, societies, and institutions.
Minnesota State College Southeast in Winona and Red Wing is the place to start your journey into the dynamic field of Sociology.
- How does social media change culture?
- What are the effects of different family styles on children?
- Can we explain crowd behaviors?
- How can community programs help people escape poverty?
- What are the risk factors for criminal behavior?
These are some of the questions asked in sociology, and at MSC Southeast, you'll explore these and many others in this incredibly diverse area of study.
Our Sociology Transfer Pathway Associate of Arts degree program allows you to:
- Begin a solid introductory background in sociology.
- Build the foundation of a liberal arts education that involves critical thinking, promotes lifelong learning, and can serve you well in any profession.
- Transfer as a junior into designated bachelor-level sociology programs at the seven Minnesota State universities. (Admission requirements such as minimum GPA may apply.)
- This degree is offered at both the Winona and Red Wing campuses, with classes available in fall, spring, and summer terms.
Apply now for admission to Minnesota State College Southeast.
Sociology Transfer Pathway (AA)View Classes
W/RW/Online - 60 cr
Download the Program Plan
The Sociology Transfer Pathway Associate of Arts offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Arts
degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Sociology bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities.*
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities
enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelors
degree programs in a related field.
The Sociology Transfer Pathway (AA) degree transfers to the following 4-year degree programs:
|Transfer University||4-Year Degree Name|
|Bemidji State University||Sociology, BA|
|Metropolitan State University||Social Science, BA|
|Minnesota State University, Mankato||Applied Sociology, BA|
Applied Sociology, BS
|Minensota State University Moorhead||Sociology, BA|
|Southwest Minnesota State University||Sociology, BA|
|St. Cloud State University||Sociology, BA|
Sociology, BA (Concentration in Critical Applied Sociology)
|Winona State University||Sociology, BA|
*Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University,
Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; And Winona State University.