Software Development and Support are some of the most highly sought skills in today's job market.
At Minnesota State College Southeast, you will learn computer programming, web development, and support using a hands-on approach. These courses use broad concepts leading to detailed approaches to help you become an expert.
Learn from anywhere. All courses are available online. A rich online application environment, instructor developed recordings, and computer programming demonstrations make learning convenient.
High quality instruction. All of the lessons and exercises are designed to move students through the process of becoming software developers. You will learn a huge variety of skills ranging from broad concepts (analysis and design, software engineering, and teamwork) down to the details of coding for different environments (web servers, web clients, and IoT). Our students also use hands-on learning and cutting edge tools to create a production-level system of their own design.
Programming students design, code, and deploy applications using a wide variety of languages, tools, and computer environments, including:
- HTML, CSS
- UML, SQL
- Programming/design tools: Visual Studio, IntelliJ, Android Studio
- Iterative design and coding methods
- Create business applications for the Web, Windows, and Android
Students in all of the Software Development and Support majors also learn to create web content, and install, deploy, and support many technologies. These include:
- Web content authoring (Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Animate)
- Cloud services, such as Azure web applications and databases
- Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Database and Web server management
- PC hardware
NEWS! Named #1 PROGRAM NATIONWIDE by GreatValueColleges.com in 2018. Apply now for the Software Development & Support program at MSC Southeast.