You will receive the highest level of training in the Automotive Technology program at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical.
Our program consists of formal learning in the classroom combined with hands-on training in the lab. The lab consists of the latest automotive equipment where you will learn all aspects of automotive repair.
This unique combination of learning will prepare you to enter the workforce immediately upon graduation. The variety of employers and occupations in the automotive field allows you to take your education on several pathways.
The Automotive Technology program at Southeast Technical is certified in all eight areas required for NATEF Certification. This is the highest achievement recognized by the National Institute for Automotive Excellence.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate safety practices and policies in an environmentally safe and compatible environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose related vehicle repairs using problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to process information from service manuals and technical service bulletins to complete automotive repairs.
- Define the use of service manuals and technical service bulletins related to automotive repairs.
- Develop a plan for a career path in the automotive technology trade.
- Niel Christensen comes to Southeast Technical from Dahl Automotive (formerly Walz) in Winona where he worked for seven years as an automotive technician. Before that he worked at Sugarloaf in Winona for 13 years. Niel graduated from Southeast Technical's Automotive Technology Program in 1992. In addition he attended Ford and General Motors Schools.
- Josh Jacobsen is fully GM certified and Advanced ASE Master certified. He worked at Dahl/Walz for 12 years and continues to work part-time in order to stay current with job requirements. Josh graduated from Riverland Community College in Albert Lea, MN. His hobbies include buying, repairing, and selling cars, building and restoring cars, and fishing.