There's still time to begin college this fall!
Here's a look at programs and courses that offer a mid-semester start.
If you think it's too late to enroll for fall classes at Minnesota State College Southeast, think again! Some programs start in the middle of October, 2017.
"We have a number of courses that start part way through the semester," says Dr. Jonathan Eichten, Associate Dean of Enrollment and Student Services. "And you can even enroll in some of our programs with a mid-semester start."
- Everywhere you go you see job openings for Nursing Assistants, and MSC Southeast offers the necessary training for this occupation. 3-credit nursing assistant classes run frequently throughout the school year, and CNA status is a prerequisite for entering Associate Degree Nursing or Practical Nursing.
Individual courses from a number of programs also have start dates part way through the semester; see the list below. According to Jonathan, "These classes might make a good option for students who want to get a head start on coming to college full-time in January."
For more information about applying for admission or taking an individual course, please contact one of our admissions advisors:
Winona Campus: Shannon Schell, 507-453-2743 or email@example.com
Red Wing Campus: Lacey Seefeldt,
The classes below offer a mid-semester start date. Check with Admissions if you are interested in registering.
Administrative Support Careers
- ADMS 1424 Integrated Office Skills
- ADMS 1425 Desktop Publishing with Publisher
- ADMS 2417 Word Processing II
- COMP 1135 Spreadsheet Applications
- COMP 1140 Online Communications
- ENGL 528 Reading & Writing
- ENGL 1025 Writing about the Short Story
Integrative Medicine and Health
- IHHA 1100 Introduction to Integrative Medicine and Health
- IHHA 1221 Spring Forest Qigong
- IHHA 1250 Creating Healing Environments
CNC Machine Tool
- MACH 2660 Advanced CAD/CAM I
- MATH 522 Pre-College Math (2 cr)
- MATH 533 Pre-College Math (3 cr)
- MATH 1015 Geometry and Trigonometry
- MATH 1020 Special Topics in Mathematics
- MATH 1025 Algebra
Medical Support Careers
- MEDS 1605 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Information
Retail & Sales Management
- RESL 1217 Principles of Telemarketing
- SMGT 1214 Practical Problem Solving
- SMGT 1216 Leadership Development
- SMGT 2218 Service Management
- SMGT 2220 Management Theories and Organizational Studies
- THPY 1425 Deep Tissue Muscular Therapy
- THPY 1471 Basics of Aromatherapy
- THPY 1477 Reiki - Level 1 and 2
Note: Individual courses are not eligible for financial aid. Some courses may require prerequisites.