Financial Aid Application Process
- Complete FAFSA - A student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. You may complete the FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to enter The MSC Southeast school code 002393.
- Complete Direct Deposit Authorization Form - Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form click on the student forms page.
- Apply and be Accepted for Admission to Minnesota State College Southeast - If you are a new student, apply and be accepted for admission to MSC Southeast. Questions on admission applications can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may be sent a request for additional information to determine your award eligibility. Respond as quickly as possible to any requests for information from the Financial Aid Office. Failure to do so will delay your award notice.
- Or you may be sent an Award Notice outlining your financial aid eligibility for the academic year.
- Should your financial situation change after you have completed the FAFSA or if you feel the FAFSA does not accurately reflect your current family and/or income circumstances, the Financial Aid Office may be able to assist you.
- See videos below for helpful tips in completing the FAFSA.
The Award Letter
The Financial Aid Award Letter is your official eligibility determination for Financial Aid. Your eligibility is based on your enrollment level(s) for the academic year. The award letter will be mailed to you. If you have attended orientation you can view your award letter online as well. Keep this important document for future reference. If a loan or work-study is included with your award letter and you would like to receive either the loan or work-study, additional paperwork needs to be completed.
Please note:You must re-apply annually for financial aid.
Videos from fafsa.gov:
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
Check out this video for info about the FAFSA and the resources available to help fill out this important application.
FAFSA ID Tips for Parents
This 6-minute video helps parents navigate the FAFSA process: from logging in, to filling out and to signing their child's FAFSA using
their FSA ID.