Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) - Payment Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, Minnesota State College Southeast is pleased to offer NBS as a convenient online payment option. If you choose to use NBS you may select installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on the length of the semester. You may choose to make payments from your checking or savings account or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). The only cost to budget monthly payments through NBS is a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee.
You may budget your tuition and fees through NBS in the following ways:
1. Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
ACH payments are those payments you have authorized NBS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have preapproved for our expenses at MSC Southeast. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
2. Credit Card Option
Paying with your credit card gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company. Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
How NBS Works
You will need:
- Your StarID and password
- The name, address, and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments
- Information to create your NBS Access Code
- Account information for the person responsible for payment
If paying by automatic bank payments you will need:
- Bank name, telephone number, account number, and bank routing number (most information is located on your check)
If paying by credit card you will need:
- Credit card number and expiration date
To LOGIN follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Access the payment system via our web site: www.southeastmn.edu. Go to to eServices, and then click on the appropriate campus button.
STEP 2: Enter your StarID. Tab to the next entry.
STEP 3: Enter your password.
STEP 4: Click in the box below your StarID and password if you want to have your name display on your documents.
STEP 5: Click on Login. If Security Information Screen comes up, click on Continue.
To enroll in a NBS Payment Plan, please follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Click on Bills and Payment
STEP 2: Click on Enroll in New Payment Plan.
STEP 3: Tuition due at all Minnesota State colleges will appear at this time. Select MN State College Southeast. Click on the term you wish to enroll in a payment plan.
STEP 4: Enter additional term charges (if any) and/or financial aid award (if known). Click Calculate.
STEP 5: Click Continue.
STEP 6: Complete the Nelnet Business Solutions screens. Print the confirmation page. If you have any questions, please contact Accounts Receivable at (507) 453-2761.
Note: Down payments are deducted immediately from the account provided on the agreement. If the payment fails for any reason, the agreement is terminated and notification is sent to the persons responsible for payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
- Answer: NBS specifies the date each payment will occur, but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. NBS recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.
Q: How will I be notified of my payment information?
- Answer: Once your agreement is posted to the NBS system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by e-mail or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to My NBS Account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
Q: Can I pay by phone with NBS?
- Answer: No. NBS does not accept payments by phone. In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your NBS agreement, payments are processed electronically.
Q: What is the NBS Access Code?
- Answer: To help protect your privacy, NBS asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into NBS inquiring about your NBS agreement or inquire online through My NBS Account, you will be required to verify your NBS Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your NBS agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your NBS Access Code will be identified on your NBS Confirmation Notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification.
Q: What if my payment is returned?
- Answer: Should an automatic bank payment or credit card payment be returned, a $25.00 NBS Returned Payment Fee will be automatically assessed to your account. You will be notified by NBS of the returned payment via mail or e-mail.
To make changes to your address, phone, or banking information or if you have questions regarding your NBS agreement, contact NBS directly at (800) 609-8056.