Minnesota State Workforce Development Scholarships 2019-2020
Thanks to an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature, in Summer 2019, Minnesota State College Southeast offered EIGHTEEN (18) $2500 Workforce Development Scholarships to students who are planning to study in a field that will help meet the area’s workforce needs (see list below).
The deadline to apply was August 5, 2019. NOTE: Applications will be accepted after the deadline for the Scholarship Wait List, should scholarships go unclaimed in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 semesters.
How to apply
Prospective students must apply online for admission to MSC Southeast with a Fall 2019 start in one of the career program areas listed below. Then they must fill out and submit an application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled or have applied for admission at MSCS.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Minnesota.
- The applicant must document her/his eligibility by submitting a fully-completed scholarship application as instructed.
- Current students may apply; must be in good standing with the college.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 credits per term.
- Student must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Preference for students with demonstrated financial need
- Primary preference will be awarded to new students, high-school seniors or recently graduated individuals, though the awards are open to all applicants.
Early Childhood Education