222 - Academic Forgiveness
Responsible Office: Academic Affairs Office
Responsible Officer: Vice President of Academic Affairs
PART 1: POLICY
Students may upon applying for re-admission to the College, appeal for the removal (forgiveness) of those grades/credits with the following stipulations/conditions:
The student must meet the following criteria to apply for Academic Forgiveness:
- May not have previously graduated from a program at MSC Southeast
- May not be enrolled at MSC Southeast for at least one (1) year (including two (2) summer sessions and two (2) semesters) prior to re-enrollment.
- Must successfully complete the first 12 attempted credits with a term GPA of 2.5 and 100% completion of all courses registered for upon readmission to MSC Southeast.
PART 2: PROCEDURE
Appeals are made by completing and submitting an Academic Forgiveness Appeal Form to the Registrar's Office.
If academic forgiveness is granted, the Registrar will make the following changes to the student's academic transcript.
- No grades on record prior to the date of academic forgiveness will be used in computing the student's cumulative grade point average; however, credits are considered as attempted and will be printed on the transcript.
- No credit from MSC Southeast will be granted for any coursework taken prior to the date of forgiveness.
- No coursework taken from MSC Southeast prior to the date of academic forgiveness may be used toward completion of graduation requirements.
- Transcript will contain a statement of when academic forgiveness begins.
Approved: October 28, 1999
Reviewed: February 7, 2011, April 2021
Revised: February 15, 2000; June 30, 2004; October 8, 2008; December 28, 2010; October 23, 2013, April 2021