603 - Parking and Traffic
Legal Reference: Minnesota Statute Section 136F.53
The College assesses a parking user fee to support the cost of annual and long-term parking facility maintenance and renewal. Every vehicle parking on College facilities will be subject to a parking fee. Students who do not bring a vehicle on Campus may file for a refund of the parking fee which is included in the regular tuition and fees billing.
Exemptions, Regulations, and Fees
The following vehicles/persons are exempt from parking fees:
- Visitors who must park in "Visitors Only" spaces
- Visitors who are registered with the State to use "handicapped" designated spaces
- Patrons of the Winona Cosmetology Clinic, who must park in "Cosmetology Patron only" spaces on Homer Road campus
- Visitors to the Winona Workforce Center who must use the "Workforce Center Parking Only" spaces on the Homer Road Campus
- Persons having vehicle work done per a work order in the Automotive Careers areas on the Homer Road Campus
- Persons walking or riding a bicycle to the campus for the full term
- Persons riding to the campus as a passenger of another person’s vehicle for the full term
- Vendors and persons driving state-owned vehicles
Parking Restrictions and Rules
- Students may park anywhere in college parking lots except in areas designated for specific purposes, such as service roads, yellow marked areas and/or restricted parking areas.
- Persons parking in the "Visitor Only" spaces must display a visitor parking permit. Visitor parking permits may be obtained at the Receptionist area on each campus. The visitor parking areas are located near the front entrance of the buildings on each campus.
- Only persons displaying a state-approved "Handicapped" license plate or permit may park in the "Handicapped" spaces.
- Persons with motorcycles must park in the designated motorcycle parking areas.
- Persons with bicycles must park in the designated bicycle parking areas.
- All employees or other regular parking lot users must display a parking permit to park in the designated "staff" parking areas. Permits are purchased and renewed annually through the campus Bookstore.
- The College is nor responsible for lost, stolen or damaged vehicles or equipment. All incidents should be reported to the local police.
- Campus security will enforce parking regulations from 7:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, year round. First violation will result in a warning. Second violation requires a meeting with the V.P. of Student Affairs. The third offense will result in the vehicle being towed without warning at owner's expense.
- All students attending a credit bearing class will be assessed a $1.50 per credit parking fee with a maximum of $24.00 per term.
- All students attending an hourly class will be assessed a $0.20 per hour parking fee with a maximum of $24.00 per term.
- All entities renting a room will be assessed a 10% parking fee as part of the room rental charge.
- All full-time administration, faculty, staff and regular parking lot users will be assessed a $50.00 annual parking fee. Those administration, faculty and staff desiring to park in a reserved parking space will be assessed an $80.00 annual parking fee. Part-time and/or adjunct faculty will be assessed according to their assignment at a rate of $1.50 per credit or $0.20 per hour with a maximum of $50.00 per year.
- Persons walking or riding a bicycle to the campus for the full term may appeal the parking fee by filling out a form in the Bookstore to receive a refund.
- Persons riding to the campus as a passenger of another person's vehicle for the full term may appeal the parking fee by filling out a form in the Bookstore. The owner of the vehicle is liable for the parking fee.
Approved: June 17, 1997
Reviewed: December 28, 2010; October 31, 2013
Revised: February 15, 2000; June 30, 2004