607 - Solicitation Policy
This policy guides solicitation ("tabling") by external organizations at Minnesota State College Southeast. Solicitation/tabling is any effort on campus to raise funds through the sale of merchandise or services, as well as to influence or gain support or awareness for an issue or cause. Purpose: To provide a framework to manage external organizations/individuals that wish to promote or sell products, services, ideas, or conduct fundraising efforts on campus.
Minnesota State College Southeast (MSCS) allows external individuals and organizations to use designated table space on campus for solicitation, as long as the use does not violate existing college contracts. Visits may be scheduled between 8:00am and 6:00pm Mondays through Thursdays, and 8:00am through 4:00pm on Fridays. Special approval must be given by the Dean of Students for tabling outside of those hours. During the course of one week, individuals and organizations may not table more than three days in a row. The cost of hosting a table is a non-negotiable $25.00, which represents the set-up and logistical costs for the College. This is payable by check to Minnesota State College Southeast at or prior to the start of the tabling time.
Responsibilities of individuals and organizations include:
- Individuals and organizations must submit a "solicitation application," available at the front desk, at least one week (seven days) prior to the requested date(s) they would like to be on campus.
- Individuals and organizations will station themselves only at the specific location(s) delegated to them by the college.
- Individuals and organizations will solicit participants only at their designated table(s).
- Individuals and organizations will confine posting any and all literature to the table or assigned space.
- Individuals and organizations will solicit only on scheduled date and time.
- Individuals and organizations are responsible for being familiar with college policies and procedures directly related to the use of facilities and the prohibited unlawful use, possession, distribution, manufacturing, or sale of any alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drugs on the campus, as well as other prohibited items.
The following regulations are pertinent to the ability of an Individuals or organization to have and maintain their presence on the campus:
- Promotion of alcohol, tobacco/nicotine use, and credit cards is prohibited. The college may specify additional prohibitions.
- The college reserves the right to remove an individual or organization if the college determines that their presence has created an undue disruption.
- Any individual or organization that does not follow these guidelines will be dismissed from campus and will not be allowed the chance to solicit on campus again.
External individuals and organizations will complete a "solicitation application" to schedule their visit, at least one week (seven days) prior to the requested date(s) they would like to be on campus. The application will be approved or denied at the discretion of the Dean of Students. Individuals and organizations will receive an electronic notification of the approval or denial of their application once review of the application is completed. A reservation for the designated table space will be made by the front desk staff in Student Services. Approved individuals will receive, along with confirmation of their reservation, specific information about their tabling location, as well as contact information in case of further questions.
Approved: January 24, 2020