Minnesota State Campus Grassroots Network
As a part of the Minnesota State system, Minnesota State College Southeast receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 37 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
FY2020-2021 Minnesota State Legislative Request
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $246 million in new funding over the biennium for campus and strategic investments. View the detailed budget request (PDF)
- $169 million to provide high-quality programs and fund inflationary costs at 3%
- Of this, $2.3 million would support Minnesota State College Southeast
- $37 million for critical technology replacement (ISRS Next Generation)
- $25 million for two new grant programs
- Minnesota State College Program: For new and continuing college students.
- Minnesota University Transfer Grant Program: Encourages transfer from our colleges to our universities.
- $15 million to address the workforce gap
Impact of the Minnesota State Legislative Request on Minnesota State College Southeast
What’s At Stake? A fully funded request will:
- » $2.3 million of $169 million in campus support
- » 2,932 students, faculty, and staff will use NextGen
- » An estimated 180 students will receive grants
- » Maintain technology and equipment needed to ensure students learn relevant skills.
- » Provide additional support for students in need, especially in student success, retention, and mental health care.
- » Expand outreach to prospective students in an increasingly competitive environment.
- » Keep tuition affordable.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request, download the MSC Southeast Campus Impact Statement (PDF).
2019 Minnesota State College Southeast Capital Request
Minnesota State College Southeast is included for $3.2 million in HEAPR - (Higher Education Asset Preservation and Replacement) funding to install backup generator, replace roof, windows, doors and frames.
Learn more about the legislative session and its impact on MSC Southeast
- Follow Minnesota State on Twitter
- Follow Minnesota State College Southeast on Twitter
- Follow any of these Minnesota State legislative session hashtags: #FundMinnesotaState, #HEAPRisCHEAPER
- Please like and re-tweet our tweets and these hashtags!
- #FundMinnesotaState – our main twitter hashtag that will accompany facts/stats and call-to-action for legislative session
- #mnleg – hashtag used by the Minnesota Legislature
- #MinnStateWorkforce – for tweets/stories related to students/grads and careers
- #MinnStatePartners – for stories related to partnerships with communities, businesses, and employers
- #MinnStateGrads – for tweets/stories related to commencement/graduation outcomes/alumni
- #MinnStateStories – for any great stories you want to share about students or employees
- Visit the Minnesota State Legislative Session information page.