Contact: Katryn Conlin, Communications Director
MEDIA ADVISORY – COVID-19 UPDATE
Minnesota State College Southeast extends Spring Break by TWO WEEKS through March 29, with instruction resuming on Monday, March 30
College implementing steps to protect the health and safety of faculty, staff, and students
Minnesota State College Southeast is continuing to monitor the developing situation related to COVID-19 and is committed to taking steps necessary to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of our faculty, staff, and students. At the same time, the college is striving to enable students to complete the spring semester and progress toward their educational goals. Updates are posted on our website at http://southeastmn.edu/COVID19.
Updates: Spring Break (March 9-13) will be extended by TWO WEEKS, through March 29, with classes resuming on Monday, March 30, 2020. Campus buildings in Red Wing and Winona and Student Services will remain open during the extended break.
- While classes are suspended during this break, academic leaders and faculty are determining the best means for course delivery to fulfill course obligations/expectations.
- Students will be contacted by MSC Southeast and their instructors for specific details on their course delivery methods before instruction resumes on March 30.
- There will be no instruction or assignment deadlines during the extended Spring Break. Students should check their college email accounts and D2L Brightspace for communications from their instructors.
Cancellations: The following public events have been cancelled in Red Wing (RW) and Winona (W), including Transportation Career Night, the Spring Open Houses, the annual Strings, Winds & Brass concert, and graduation ceremonies.
"While we greatly regret having to cancel so many highly-anticipated events, especially those which celebrate the accomplishments of our students, we must put health and safety first," said Larry Lundblad, Interim President of Minnesota State College Southeast. "The current COVID-19 crisis has caused us to re-evaluate our priorities and focus our attention on the greater good of the entire community."
- March 24, 2020: W – Transportation Career Night
- April 2, 2020: RW – Spring Open House
- April 3, 2020: RW – Strings, Winds & Brass Concert
- April 9, 2020: W – Spring Open House
- April 23, 2020: RW – Women’s Leadership Event
- May 13, 2020: RW – Student Guitar Show
- May 14, 2020: RW – Commencement Ceremony
- May 15, 2020: W – Commencement Ceremony
- June 4, 2020: RW – Community Connections Golf Tournament
Please monitor the college website at http://southeastmn.edu/COVID19 for frequent updates, including a more complete list of cancelled events.
About Minnesota State College Southeast
Minnesota State College Southeast is a two-year technical and community college that prepares students for a lifetime of learning by providing education for employment, skill enhancement, retraining, and transfer, to meet the needs of students and the community. The Winona campus opened in 1949, merging with the Red Wing campus in 1992 and updating its name to Minnesota State College Southeast in 2016 with the change of mission to offer both technical training and the associate of arts degree. Minnesota State College Southeast is a member of Minnesota State. For more information, visit www.southeastmn.edu.