Discover your unique style at MSC Southeast.
If you're ready to start a fun, exciting, and creative career in cosmetology you need the right education! Experience outstanding training in classroom, lab, and clinic settings at Minnesota State College Southeast Cosmetology Academy in Winona.
More and more, people are realizing the benefits of esthetic treatments for the revitalization of their skin, helping keep a healthier and more youthful appearance. In the world of skin care today, treatments are more preventative and proactive, and clients are starting to implement skin care treatments at a younger age.
The Esthiology certificate is a starting point for those who want to work in the field of skin care. The focus is on natural skin care, with 21 credits of classroom and salon experience in facials, body wraps, make up application, and hair removal. You will develop the foundational, practical skills necessary to work in a salon.
Practice beauty techniques on real clients.
The facilities at MSC Southeast Cosmetology Academy provide our students and their clients with a high quality salon experience. You will develop the professional skills you need to succeed in the industry, including time management and record keeping.
Best of all, MSC Southeast Cosmetology Academy is a public, not-for-profit college. Your investment in your education will go much further! Minnesota State College Southeast is an accredited public 2-year college and a member of the Minnesota State system. Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Student Salon & Spa Appointments: 507-453-2727
Admissions: 877-853-8324, firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook to stay in touch with Minnesota State College Southeast Cosmetology Academy.
Apply now for admission to MSC Southeast
Download the Program Plan
1) 1000 level (minimum) General Education courses required unless specified
This course provides an introduction to cosmetology, nail technology or skin care, including professional image, salon management and retailing, and successful industry communications. Thorough knowledge in infectious agents, decontamination, and Minnesota laws and rules. (Prerequisite: None) (3 Credits: 3 lecture/0 lab)
Download the Course Outline
This course provides an introduction to basic skin care including physiology and histology of the skin and diseases and disorders. (Prerequisite: None) (1 credit: 0 lecture/1 lab)
Download the Course Outline
This course provides skill training in skin care including pressure point facial, body wraps,extractions and electrotherapy facial treatments. This course also provides theory for product knowledge,skin structure, skin disorders and disease, safety procedures, and decontamination. (Prerequisite: None) (2 credits: 0 lecture/2 lab)
Download the Course Outline
Total Credits Required for this Major: 21 Credits
Estimated Costs for this Major
|Minimum Tool Cost:||$375|
MSC Southeast Cosmetology Program graduates will be able to:
- Salon Manager
- Salon Educator
- Corporate Educator
- Platform Artist
- Make Up Artist
- Sales Associate
- Salon Consultant
- Cosmetology School Instructor
- Evaluate hair, skin, and nail care needs of clients and recommend possible solutions and products.
- Perform hair, skin, and nail care services that are at a standard mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrate dependability, punctuality, and professionalism through interaction with salon clientele, classmates, and instructors.
- Keep records on client services and appointments accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrate the use of time management by completing services and projects within the recommended or allotted time.
- Complete the minimum number of quota service requirements mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Comply with Minnesota Cosmetology Statutes 154 and Rules 2105 and 2110 as mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Top instructors: Every class is taught by instructors who are board certified beauty professionals. The cosmetology department staff takes pride in remaining current with industry changes and trends by taking continuing education in all facets of cosmetology, as well as staying up to date by working in the salon environment.
- Housing Options: Experience on-campus living! You have the option to live on campus at Winona State University. Dorm housing is available through our partnership with WSU. We also maintain a list of available rental options in the area. Contact the MSC Southeast front desk at 507-453-2700 for the housing list.
- A public, not-for-profit college: Your investment in your education goes further when you attend Southeast Cosmetology Academy. Minnesota State College Southeast is an accredited public 2-year college and a member of the Minnesota State system. Financial aid and scholarships are available.
Tiffany Rigdon is an instructor and alumni of MSC Southeast Cosmetology Academy. Tiffany shares with our students 25 years of experience and dedication to her craft. Her diverse career within the salon industry has progressed through years behind the chair, salon ownership, corporate business, medical settings, mentorship and education. She brings commitment and creative approaches to the classroom as she introduces students to a remarkable industry. With a deep appreciation for the educators in her life, she aspires to teach new and seasoned cosmetologists, nail technicians and estheticians to mold their education into a fulfilling and lucrative career.
Julia Stuckmayer received an AAS degree in Cosmetology from MSC Southeast Cosmetology Academy. After working in the field for 3 years, she attended Nick Arrojo's Salon Fundamentals Boot Camp in Manhattan to further her education. The next few years were spent working at a Medical Salon and Spa in Edina, MN, where her love for serious skin care truly blossomed. In 2015 Julia received her Minnesota cosmetology instructor license and returned to her roots at MSC Southeast Cosmetology Academy. She is honored to be a part of an incredible cosmetology program, and has high hopes to positively impact the next generation of hair stylists.