The Business Transfer Pathway will start you on the route to a 4-year degree and a successful career.
A successful business career relies on competitive edge, and MSC Southeast has developed the curriculum to help achieve that goal. At Minnesota State College Southeast, the Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science Degree is specifically designed for students who plan to continue their education in a business related field, such as Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Human Resources, and International Business.
A wide variety of employment opportunities are available for skilled, capable, and dependable business professionals. Employers are looking qualified candidates with excellent communication, organization, and human relations skills and enthusiasm for the job and organization. The courses provide a global perspective and are integrated with the latest technology. In this program, you will gain knowledge and explore a wide variety of industries, getting the background and understanding to be a successful business professional.
With a focus on providing our students flexible delivery options, the Business Transfer Pathway at MSC Southeast can be completed entirely online. You may enroll full or part-time, beginning in either the fall or spring semester.
Apply now for admission to MSC Southeast
The Business Transfer Pathway AS offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to related bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status.
All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
The Business Administration Transfer Pathway (AS) degree transfers to the following 4-year degree programs:
|Transfer University||4-Year Degree Name|
|Bemidji State University||Business Administration, BS|
|Metropolitan State University||
Business Administration, BS
Entrepreneurship and Innovation, BS
Human Resource Management, BS
Supply Chain and Operations, BS
International Business, BS
|Minnesota State University Moorhead||
Business Administration, BS|
Global Supply Chain Management, BS
Project Management, BS
|Minnesota State University, Mankato||
Management, BS - |
Business Management Emphasis, Human Resource Management Emphasis
Finance, BS -
General Finance Emphasis, Investment Analysis Emphasis, Institutional Finance Emphasis, Financial Planning and Insurance Emphasis, Corporate Finance Emphasis
International Business, BS
|Southwest Minnesota State University||
Management, BS - General Management Concentration, Human Resource Management Concentration, Supply Chain Management Concentration|
|St. Cloud State University||
Business Management, BS|
Management, BS - Operations Management Concentration, Human Resources Concentration
|Winona State University||Business Administration, BS|
Download the Program Plan
Associate of Science Degree General Requirements for Business Transfer Pathway
- A minimum of 60 semester credits.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- A minimum cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken at
Minnesota State College Southeast.
- Completion of the specific degree requirements below:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) Requirements - A minimum of 30 credits to complete the MnTC required 6 goal areas for the AS degree. A MnTC course may satisfy more than one goal area; however, the credits only count once.
MnTC Goal Areas (30 credits):
Goal 1 Communication (Three courses) - 9 credits
- ENGL1215 - College Writing I (3 credits)
- COMM1218 - College Speech (3 credits)
- ENGL2525 - College Writing II (3 credits)
Goal 2 Critical Thinking
- (Fulfilled by ENGL2525 College Writing II)
Goal 3 Natural Science - 3 credits
- BIOL 1120 Environmental Science (3 credits)
Goal 4 Mathematical/Logical Reasoning - 6 credits
- MATH1230 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
- MATH 1220 College Algebra (3 credits)
Goal 5 History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences - 6 credits
Goal 6 The Humanities and Fine Arts - 3 credits
- ECON2530 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON2520 Microeconomics (3 credits)
MnTC Theme Goal Areas:
Goal 8 Global Perspective
- (Fulfilled by ECON2530 Macroeconomics)
Goal 10 People and the Environment
- (Fulfilled by BIOL 1120 Environmental Science)
MnTC Elective Goal 7 or 9 - 3 credits
Business Credits (30 cr):
- ACCT2201 Financial Accounting (4 Credits)
- ACCT2202 Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- BUSN2220 Principles of Management (3 credits)
- BUSN2225 Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BUSN2215 Business Ethics (3 credits)
- BUSN2210 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BUSN2000 Small Business Development (3 credits)
- BUSN1245 Business Computers (3 credits)
- BUSN or ACCT Elective (4 credits)
Estimated Costs for this Major
|Minimum Tool Cost:||N/A|
The purpose of the Business Transfer Pathway (AS) is to prepare students for transfer into a designated bachelor's degree program at a Minnesota State university.
Program graduates will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in the context of business (oral and written communication)
- Utilize data to engage in effective decision-making in a business
- Apply the skills of making ethical business decisions
- Demonstrate a mastery of the core areas of business including accounting, economics/finance, marketing, management, planning & strategy.
- Demonstrate application of best practices of business administration in the functional areas of business.
- World-class faculty with a combined 50 years of industry experience spanning business management, economics, accounting, and leadership
- State of the art online curriculum facilitating local, regional, and national instruction
- Dedicated career and academic advising for the students
- Credential allows for immediate employment or guaranteed transfer to a Minnesota State university
- Jill Halverson has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting and a Master's in Business Administration, both from Winona State University. She has expertise in the areas of public, private, tax, auditing, and non-profit accounting.
- Samantha Justin earned her Bachelor of Arts degrees in Accounting and Business Administration from Winona State University. She also holds a Wisconsin Certified Public Accountant license. She has experience in public, private, audit, tax, governmental, and non-profit accounting.