A degree in accounting can lead to a rewarding career in one of the nation's fastest growing professions.
If you're planning to advance to a high level position in the field, the Transfer Pathway Associate of Science degree is a great first step. This 2-year degree is specifically designed for students who want to begin college at MSC Southeast, then transfer to a Minnesota State university to complete a bachelor's degree.
Minnesota State College Southeast's educational approach is a blend of theory and practice, providing a solid foundation for your career. MSC Southeast offers a practical, personal approach to learning the principles of accounting and making the best use of a variety of popular accounting software packages.
Custom tailored for you
We focus on providing our students the most flexible course delivery options possible.
- You can complete the program 100% online or take all or part of your classes on campus in Winona.
- You can start in either the fall or spring semester.
- You can attend classes on a full-time or part-time basis.
Apply now for the Accounting Transfer Pathway (AS).
The Accounting Transfer Pathway AS offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to related bachelor's degree programs at Minnesota State universities.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status.
All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
The Accounting Transfer Pathway (AS) degree transfers to the following 4-year degree programs:
|Transfer University||4-Year Degree Name|
|Bemidji State University||Accounting, BS|
|Metropolitan State University||Accounting, BS|
|Minnesota State University, Moorhead||Accounting, BS|
|Minnesota State University, Mankato||Accounting, BS|
|Southwest Minnesota State University||Accounting, BS|
|St. Cloud State University||Accounting, BS|
|Winona State University||Accounting, BS|
Download the Program Plan
Associate of Science Degree General Requirements for Accounting Transfer Pathway
- A minimum of 60 semester credits.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- A minimum cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken at
Minnesota State College Southeast.
- Completion of the specific degree requirements below:
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) Requirements - A minimum of 30 credits to complete the MnTC required 6 goal areas for the AS degree. A MnTC course may satisfy more than one goal area; however, the credits only count once.
MnTC Goal Areas (30 credits):
CORE GOAL AREAS:
Goal 1 Communication (Three courses) - 9 credits
- ENGL1215 - College Writing I (3 credits)
- COMM1218 - College Speech (3 credits)
- ENGL2525 - College Writing II (3 credits)
Goal 2 Critical Thinking
- (Fulfilled by ENGL2525 College Writing II)
Goal 3 Natural Science - 3 credits
- BIOL 1120 Environmental Science (3 credits)
Goal 4 Mathematical/Logical Reasoning - 6 credits
- MATH1230 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
- MATH 1220 College Algebra (3 credits)
Goal 5 History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences - 6 credits
- ECON2530 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- ECON2520 Microeconomics (3 credits)
Goal 6 The Humanities and Fine Arts - 3 credits
- HUMA 1125 Moral Problems (3 credits)
MnTC THEME GOAL AREAS:
Goal 8 Global Perspective
- (Fulfilled by ECON2530 Macroeconomics)
Goal 9 Ethical and Civic Responsibility
- (Fulfilled by HUMA 1125 Moral Problems)
Goal 10 People and the Environment
- (Fulfilled by BIOL 1120 Environmental Science)
MnTC Elective Goal 7 - 3 credits
Accounting requirements (30 credits):
- ACCT2201 Financial Accounting (4 Credits)
- ACCT2202 Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- ACCT1218 Spreadsheets Concepts and Applications (3 credits)
- ACCT1212 Computerized Accounting Applications (3 credits)
- BUSN1245 Business Computers (3 credits)
- BUSN2220 Principles of Management (3 credits)
- BUSN2225 Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BUSN2210 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BUSN or ACCT Elective (4 credits)
Estimated Costs for this Major
|Minimum Tool Cost:||N/A|
The purpose of the Accounting Transfer Pathway is to prepare students for transfer into a designated bachelor's degree program at a Minnesota State university.
Program graduates will be able to:
- Apply the principles of financial accounting, managerial accounting, and computerized accounting software to develop core accounting skill set.
- Apply mathematical, analytical, and business knowledge to formulate and solve programs and to make relevant business decisions.
- Develop both written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively in the business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human society and culture in order to function as an effective employee and citizen.
- Guaranteed transfer into designated bachelor's programs
- 2 year accounting degree online - 100% online option available
- Interactive learning combines technology with accounting theory
- Instructors have professional experience in all areas of accounting
- Jill Halverson has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting and a Master's in Business Administration, both from Winona State University. She has expertise in the areas of public, private, tax, auditing, and non-profit accounting.
- Samantha Justin earned her Bachelor of Arts degrees in Accounting and Business Administration from Winona State University. She also holds a Wisconsin Certified Public Accountant license. She has experience in public, private, audit, tax, governmental, and non-profit accounting.