Step 5: Register for Classes
Registration & Advising Days
Within one business day of completing our Online Orientation, you will receive a confirmation email with your Advisor's information. Please reach out to your faculty advisor to discuss courses and how to complete the registration process. While some faculty may choose to advise students prior to or outside of Advising Days, your advisor may suggest you attend an on-campus Advising Day to meet in person to discuss course options.
Academic Advising and How to Access your Degree Audit Report (DARS)
You can also learn more about what courses you need to take towards your program using the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). Your Degree Audit Report also shows your assigned advisor.
To access your Degree Audit Report:
- Log in to eServices with your StarID and Password.
- Click on "Academic Records" from the left-hand menu.
- Then click on "Degree Audit"
Visit our Academic Advising Page to learn more about the advising process and Degree Audits.
How to Register for Courses
Registration for classes opens on a specific day depending on your student status. Current, Returning, and New students all have unique registration windows. Find out when your registration window opens on our College Calendar.
Once you know which courses to register for and your registration window is open, register for courses by logging in to eServices. For detailed, step-by-step instructions, download this "How To" Guide (PDF). You may register for courses online through the first five days of the semester. Learn more about add/drop deadlines here.
PLEASE NOTE: Being accepted to the college does not guarantee you a place in the program of study you want. Seats are filled on a first come, first served basis. Register early - avoid disappointment!
What do I do once I'm registered for classes?
Congratulations and welcome to MSC Southeast! We are so glad you are here. Now that you are a student, make sure to:
- Find out about student resources, upcoming events, and more on our Current Student Page.
- Access your Student Email Account.
--Be sure to check this regularly now that you are a MSC Southeast Student. Faculty and staff will reach out to you via this email address rather than your personal email.
- Sign up for Reminder Messages - Registration dates, payment deadlines, and more!
1. Log in to your e-Services account
2. Click on "Account Management"
3. Click on "Turn Text messaging On or Off"
- Order your textbooks and online access codes through our Bookstore.
- Log in to D2L Brightspace with you StarID and password and complete the Self-Guided Tour.
-- D2L Brightspace is a platform that allows for better communication between the school and its students. All courses may choose to utilize D2L Brightspace in some capacity, but you will need to be familiar with it if your course is taught online.
- Get your Student ID Card and learn more about the IT Help Desk on our campuses
- Complete Sexual Violence Prevention Training on D2L Brightspace
--Prior to the start of the semester, you will be assigned to complete our Sexual Violence Prevention Training. State law requires this training for all students, to be completed before the 10th day of the semester. If you have already completed the training at another Minnesota state college or university, you will not need to complete it again.