Minnesota State College Southeast welcomes international students! The diversity and richness of the cultural backgrounds that international students bring to our campuses enrich the lives of all of our students, faculty, and staff. We are truly excited by the prospect of your attending our college.
The International Student Application for Admission packet includes a checklist that outlines the steps necessary to complete the admissions process as well as other important information concerning your enrollment as an international student. Please note that you should mail all required documents to the admissions office of the Minnesota State College Southeast campus (Winona or Red Wing) that you wish to attend by the application deadlines indicated in the admissions packet.
The following information is a quick summary of the admissions process:
- Please complete the MSC Southeast online application form and pay the $20 admission fee online.
- Complete and submit to the campus admissions office all required forms, information and documentation noted in the attached International Student Information Packet (PDF).
- Take the TOEFL test and have the results forwarded to the campus admissions office. Although admission to our college is based on a TOEFL score of 61 on the Internet-based version or 173 on the computer version or 500 on the paper version of the TOEFL, some of our programs may require a greater degree of English proficiency. If the native language of your country is English or if you can provide official college transcripts showing extensive English language studies, you may be allowed admission via an exception status. Each admission decision will be made on an individual basis.
- Document adequate financial resources to complete your selected program without assistance from the college. An International Student Financial Statement is included in the admissions packet and must be used for this purpose.
- Purchase the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities International Student Health Insurance plan (application and information available from the college’s admissions offices) unless you can provide proof of other government-sponsored health insurance that provides coverage equal to or greater than the Minnesota State plan.
- Once your application for admission to MSC Southeast is approved, we will send to you the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 that you must use to apply for a U.S. student visa.
If you have questions regarding the admissions process or would like additional information, please be sure to contact the campus admissions office at 877-853-8324 or contact the campus international student advisor: