Minnesota State College Southeast's Human Resources department works with an Advisory Search Committee and the college's Affirmative Action Officer to ensure a fair and effective search process when employment opportunities are available at the college.
The Advisory Search Committee's role is to:
- Assist in fulfilling our commitment to equal and nondiscrimination in employment education
- Promote the college as an employer of choice in order to obtain a diverse pool of candidates
- Respect the confidentiality rules throughout the search process (this is a legal requirement)
- Recommend candidates to the hiring authority based on the candidate's ability to perform the job
- Track and submit data using the tools provided by HR throughout each step of the search process.
The Human Resources department's role is to:
- Work collaboratively with bargaining units in recruiting the advisory committee to ensure diverse stakeholders are represented
- Promote equal opportunity and affirmative action by monitoring the hiring process and providing training to the search advisory committee
- Provide templates and materials for consideration (i.e. examples of telephone and interview questions)
- Monitor applications submitted through the designated online application system and forward to the committee for review of qualifications
- Ensure proper approval is obtained from the Affirmative Action officer BEFORE an offer is made.
The Affirmative Action Officer's role is to:
- Work collaboratively with the hiring supervisor to recruit as well as provide coaching through the process as needed
- Review and approve final interview questions with recommendations to comply with applicable policies
- Review and approve justifications for selection of interviews
- Review and approve justifications to hire BEFORE the job offer is made.