Skip to main content
Minnesota State College Southeast
A Technical & Community College
Registrar's Office

Requesting transcripts

Request an official transcript to be sent to another institution

MSC Southeast has authorized National Student Clearinghouse to provide its online transcript ordering service.  This service provides students with timely notices regarding their transcript request as well as order status history.

Students will need a major credit card and a valid email address.  Credit cards will be charged only after orders have been processed.  The cost is $7.00 per transcript.

Note: If you are applying for admission to another Minnesota State* college or university and attended MSC Southeast at any time since 1990, a transcript request form is not necessary. An electronic transcript will be available at the receiving institution when you submit your application. Inform the college you plan to attend that you should have an eTranscript from Minnesota State College Southeast. 

*Not sure if you are planning on attending a Minnesota State school? Visit the Minnesota State website to see a full listing. 

Current Students: How to View/Print Your Unofficial Transcript 

1. Go to eServices

2. Enter your StarID and Password (Click in the Display Name box if you wish to have your name appear on any documents when printing.) Click on Login

3. Click on Academic Records 

4. Click on Unofficial Transcripts 

5. Choose Chronological and click on Get Academic Record.  Your unofficial transcript will be displayed.

If you wish to print this information, please use the print feature associated with your web browser.  To view or save the transcript as a PDF, click the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­Adobe icon.

MSC Southeast Transcript Request FAQs

I need my transcript sent to another college. What do I need to do?

  • Visit to submit the request form. 

I'm transferring to a college or university in the Minnesota State system. Do I need to submit a request?

What is the cost for a transcript?

  • There is a $7 fee per transcript requested. 

I don't know my login information from years ago.

  • You do not need your student id number and password to submit the request. The form will ask for either your social security number or your student id number to locate your records.

I'm currently finishing up my coursework. Will my new grades be posted?

  • You can choose to have your transcript sent immediately, once grades are posted, or once your award (degree, diploma, or certificate) is posted. 

I'm applying to medical school which utilizes a common application system and requires me to submit a form with the transcript. How can I submit that to you?

  • When submitting your transcript request, you will have an option to upload an attachment to be sent with your transcript.

I need the transcript there ASAP. What is the fastest way to have it sent?

  • Transcripts are typically processed within 24-48 hours and can be postal mailed, held for pick-up or sent electronically. If the agency receiving your transcript will accept an electronic PDF, this is the fastest.
    Note: Electronic transcripts are not available for students that attended MSC Southeast prior to 1989. 

Is an electronic transcript considered an official transcript?

  • Yes, as long as it is sent directly from MSC Southeast to the institution needing the transcript.

I want to pick up my transcript and deliver it myself. Can I do that?

  • Yes. Submit your request online and in the Special Instructions field indicate the campus at which you'd like to pick up your transcript.

How will I know my request has been submitted? When it has been processed?

  • You will receive an email confirmation with an order number when your request has been successfully submitted. You will also receive an email when the order has been processed so you know the transcript was sent or is available for pick-up. 

I took the GED test on the Red Wing campus years ago. Do you have those records?

  • No. Although the testing was located on our campus at one time, the records are not MSC Southeast records. Contact the local GED testing center for a copy of your record. 

© 2021 Minnesota State College Southeast

RED WING CAMPUS | 308 Pioneer Road | Red Wing, MN 55066 | 651-385-6300
WINONA CAMPUS | 1250 Homer Road | Winona, MN 55987 | 507-453-2700

Minnesota State College Southeast is an affirmative action/equal opportunity educator and employer. ADA accessible. MSC Southeast is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunity. No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or sexual orientation. In addition, discrimination in employment base on membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law is prohibited.


Minnnesota State Logo - vertical

Minnesota State College Southeast
A member of Minnesota State

This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 877-853-8324 or 507-453-2700.