Skip to main content
Minnesota State College Southeast
A Technical & Community College
Financial Aid

Sources of Financial Aid


Grants are financial aid that does not have to be repaid. Generally, grants are for undergraduate students and the grant amount is based on need, school cost, and enrollment status. See the links below for details; check with the Financial Aid office if you need assistance.


Several scholarships are available to qualified students while attending Minnesota State College Southeast. Students can pick up a scholarship application in the Financial Aid office or from the MSC Southeast Foundation. For more information please call the Foundation office at 507-453-2409 or visit our scholarship information online.


Loans are available to qualified students and must be paid back to the appropriate loaning agency. Learn more about the responsibilities of accepting federal loans.

Student Employment (Work Study)

Work Study positions are part-time jobs that may be on or off campus and may relate to the student's field of study. There are both state and federally funded programs that allow students to work 5 to 20 hours a week. To apply, see Pam Zimmerman in the Financial Aid office (, 507-453-2710). You will need to have completed the college application and filed the FAFSA. Eligibility for work study is determined by financial need. (More information about Work Study)


Military veterans applying for veteran educational benefits are required to meet with the MSC Southeast Veterans' Representative and supply a copy of Form DD-214.  The veteran must inform the representative of the total credits taken each term and notify the office of any change in address.  Any dropped or added credits within the term must also be reported.  National Guard members and reservists receiving educational benefits must follow the same process followed by veterans.  Veterans will not receive educational benefits for courses graded on Pass/No Credit basis.

  • Credit for Experience:  MSC Southeast may grant credit for military and other training/education that is relevant to college program major curriculum.  The subsequent reduction in credit hours may result in a reduction in the amount of the monthly benefits check.
  • Satisfactory Progress Requirements:  To remain eligible for veteran educational benefits, veterans are subject to college standards.
  • Withdrawal Penalty:  With some exceptions, a veteran who withdraws from the college during any given term will be required to repay benefits received from the Veterans Administration for the days in which the veteran was not officially enrolled in that term.  Veterans should clarify with the college Veteran's Representative their status regarding withdrawal. 
  • See Current Students > Student Services > Veterans Resources for additional assistance.


Other Outside Sources

Please check with any of the following agencies that you feel is appropriate:

  • Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
  • Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA)
  • Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program
  • Minnesota Migrant Council (MMC)
  • Private Industry Council (PIC)
  • Services for the Blind (SSB)
  • Veteran Benefits (VA)
  • Veteran Orphan Benefits (VA)


© 2022 Minnesota State College Southeast

RED WING CAMPUS | 308 Pioneer Road | Red Wing, MN 55066
WINONA CAMPUS | 1250 Homer Road | Winona, MN 55987
COLLEGE PHONE | 507-453-2700 | 877-853-8324

Minnesota State College Southeast is an affirmative action/equal opportunity educator and employer. ADA accessible. MSC Southeast is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunity. No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or sexual orientation. In addition, discrimination in employment based on membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law is prohibited.


This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 507-453-2700.

Minnnesota State Logo - vertical

Minnesota State College Southeast
A member of Minnesota State